UK TB Screening Information
You will need to obtain an International Organization for Migration (IOM) medical certificate confirming that you are free from active tuberculosis (TB) if you are age 11 and over and applying for a visa to travel to the United Kingdom (UK) for longer than six months. The following will not be required to obtain a certificate: diplomatic passport holders traveling on official business or on a posting to the UK, those who qualify for exempt visa, those applying for a certificate of entitlement and returning residents.
If you are traveling with children under 11 yrs. of age, you will have to complete a questionnaire for them before determination whether they do a chest X-ray.
Examinations can be carried out in 3 locations, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town.
To schedule your medical examination in Pretoria or Durban, please contact the IOM office in Pretoria at:
353 Sanlam Building, 3rd Floor
Corner of Festival and Arcadia Streets
Hatfield, 0083 Pretoria
Tel: +27 (0) 12 423 9612
Cell: +27 (0) 71 6073631
+27 (0) 71 6073380
To schedule your medical examination in Cape Town, please call the cellular: +27 (0)71 6070783
IOM Working Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00h – 17:00h (Friday 8:00 – 14:00). The screening can be scheduled during working hours, preferably in the mornings, to allow for certification to be done during the same day, in case of normal findings, and will be carried out at the following locations:
Pretoria: SCHOLTZPARTNERS, Diagnostic Radiologists HATMED, Hatfield Gables Noord, 454 Hilda Street, Hatfield 0083, Pretoria
Durban: Corner of Ethelbert and Conabor Streets, Malvern 4093, Durban
Cape Town: 1st floor, Parow Shopping Centre, Corner of Voortrekker and De La Rey Roads, Parow 7500 Cape Town
Payment must be made prior to the medical examination through bank deposit or EFT. Kindly please present the proof of payment to the IOM staff when presenting for your examination.
Payment Method: Please pay by EFT or by bank deposit to the following account:
Name of Bank: FNB (First National Bank)
Account Holder: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Account Nr: 62165532724
FNB Commercial Cheque Account (Rand Account)
Branch code: 251345
For cash deposits, retain the deposit slip issued by the bank to present as proof of payment.
The all inclusive fee is ZAR 935 per person and ZAR 145 per child below 11 years.
You will be required to present proof of payment to the IOM nurse upon arrival for your scheduled appointment at any location.
Please note that you have to obtain an appointment from IOM and not go to the Radiology diagnostic facilities without an IOM confirmation.
1) Valid passport / a UNHCR registration documents/ Alien card; IDs will not be accepted. ONLY PASSPORTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION.
2) Two recent passport size photos (not older than 6 months at the time of examination); and
3) Proof of payment
- Medical examination will normally be booked daily from 8:30 am to 12 pm. Appointments can only be made by telephone with IOM nurse / staff.
- Payment should be made before the examination at the First National Bank only, through EFT or bank deposit, before attending the scheduled medical examination.
- The initial examination will comprise of a chest x-ray.
- In most cases, the examination will not take more than 30 minutes.
- Additional diagnostic procedures (sputum smears) may apply in case of abnormal findings and may take up to three (3) additional days after the initial examination, and/or sputum culture which will take up to eight (8) weeks to obtain negative result.
- An IOM medical certificate will be issued on the day of examination between 10am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, and 10am to 12am on Fridays, in case of normal results.
- Please note that female applicants of childbearing age may be requested to undergo a pregnancy test, if they are not sure of their status.